Tuesday, January 6, 2009

weekday romance

every morning i wake up at 6:30, hit the snooze button and wait for it to go off again.
every morning i put my make up on
every morning i pick out my clothes
every morning i walk to the bus stop to ride to BART
every morning i sit on BART and people watch

most mornings are the same
the same coffee mugs

the same people reading books
the same loud
the same quiet

sometimes i stand
sometimes i sit

but this morning...
this morning i fell in love

he sat there in his black ironed pants on his small frame
short brown hair
boyish charm
i bet he's from nebraska

only five stops before i get off
i love him
i fall in love too quickly
i wonder if he's noticed me
he gives up his seat to a woman

he stands close to me but i'm sitting
i look up and as he turns my way
i look away

i'm too shy

maybe he's a musician
maybe he's an artist
ernst and young embroidered on his bag

he's probably a brilliant accountant

just look my way...

maybe he's hoping for my number
probably not
i wonder if he thinks about me

three more stops til i get off
he reaches in his pocket
i can imagine he's grabbing his business card
"call me"
i smile because my daydreams are always more wonderful than real life

montgomery street
he exits
my romance is over

every morning i get off at powell
every morning i take the escalator to the main street
every morning i walk to work

every morning i sit at my desk and do my work

today was no different

No comments:

Post a Comment