Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Discouraging Times

I met with an old Elementary school friend today for lunch. Turns out she works in the city as well at Conde Nast Publishing. As we met we got to talking about our jobs. She is in the same type of position as I am in my job. We are both in the advertising department.

While we both enjoy our industry ... we realize it's slowly dying. And really, we are not excited to move into Account Managers and stay in Sales.

So what do we do? Finding a job is almost impossible at this point. And if we want to remain living in the Bay Area, the salary we get has to match what we make now. It's so crazy to me that we, like so many others, are so unhappy in our jobs. But we feel helpless. It's discouraging and at the same time we feel lucky to even have jobs.

Big sighs from 20 somethings right now looking for their place in today's economy. I say we all quit our jobs, strap on backpacks, bring our cameras and head out to the open country in search of new adventures.

I'm a dreamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment