Monday, April 13, 2009

Apt with the Red Gate

Well...I did it. it's been a little over a week since I moved into my new place in SF. So I think I fell in love with being here the Sunday after I moved in. I walked over to North Beach and met up with some friends to read for a bit at City Lights Bookstore. Then we just decided to walk around and headed to Union Square to do some shopping then back over to North Beach and finally home.

We then grabbed a beer at Zeki's right next door to my apt and then headed to the
Haight. I know everyone tries Hookah during their college years but I'm a little late on this. I never really had the urge to go even though all my college friends would go. So we went to a Mediterranean Restaurant there and ate delicious food and I had hookah for the first time. I'm not gonna lie. I sucked at it. 

It was my first real day as an SF resident and it was delightful.
Fast forward to a few nights in. One major problem with my apt is that it is on California street where the cable car runs. I can live with the sounds of the bell ringing as it passes but the noise that I may not get used to will be the garbage man picking up the trash at 5:30 a.m. daily! Thanks for keeping our streets clean but c'mon once a day? Is this necessary? My window faces the street so I get the pleasure of hearing the loud truck pick up each and every trash can.

Then again...that is probably the only thing that is hard to get used to in the new place. That and the fact that it is freezing in SF at night! Brr.
Here's to the next nine months in Nob Hill. I can't wait to get to know this city more intimately in the coming months. I heart SF.


No comments:

Post a Comment