Friday, May 14, 2010

5'1" and Curvy


Love it.

Below was written in the Satorialist blog and I had to share because it beautifed the "real" woman. Curves and all. ;)

I'm in Berlin right now shooting an ad campaign. Yesterday I met Claude, her name is Claudia but she hates that name. As you can see, Claude is a beautiful example of a young lady that knows how to play up her best assets. We cast her because she has the figure of a real, everyday girl: she stands about 5'1" and she is very curvy. You can't really appreciate her curves because of her coat, but they're there. It has actually been a little difficult to find samples that fit her correctly but really, who could get past her hair, lips and those legs? She knows that these are her best featues and works with us to find looks that suit her best.

To me, this is such a great reminder to stop obsessing about my own personal imperfections and start highlighting the little gifts.

Tomorrow I'm cutting the sleeves off all of my Guy Rover shirts and showing off the guns! (For those of you who didn't understand the Pocari Sweat post, that was a joke.)

3 comments:

  1. This was great! This picture is fantastic, and I love the way her facial structure is emphasized (especially those start cheek bones and strong lips).

    No one is physically the same, but we are all valued equally in the eyes of the Lord. When I see a young woman, I try to see someone who God values, not someone who society says "Look at this girl, she is the thing you should be lusting after." (I am however a teenage boy... so I'm not perfect.)

    When you realize that God has put his stamp of approval on someone, you find them way more beautiful because He created them that way.


    "Highlighting the little gifts" sums it up perfectly. I always love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love her hair. i love the quote "hilighting the little gifts"

    http://www.dailymixla.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 5'1" and curvy so I am excited to see that you are featuring someone of this body type. She doesnt look that short at all.

    Twila
    blog.twilasvintageclothing.com
    www.twilasvintageclothing.com

    ReplyDelete