Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bring on the Evidence of my Life

I hear a quiet stirring. A shift in the air stimulates my senses. I see a change coming and my heart sees its rhythm and beats faster, faster and faster still. Our generation is ready, with wills stronger than we knew, with ambitions higher than we thought we'd pursue. Our minds cannot be quieted our souls cannot be hushed.

More and more I hear of tw
enty-somethings leaving everything behind to help the needy. I've seen passion ignited in friends to step-up and make their lives count. The time is now, our world is suffering and we have the tools to begin working towards peace, unconditional love, and redemption of those who have been oppressed.

She is committed. She is standing up. He is signaling a renaissance that has already begun. We are rallying the troops.

I found this song yesterday and have listened to it non-stop since.

"What a day to be alive/W
hat a day to realize I'm not dead/What a day to save a dime/What a day to die trying"

"Bring on the evening hours, I cry/Bring on the evidence, of my life"

Together we are strong. Together we are one. Together we will change the world. What a day to make a difference. When my eyes close for the last time, I want people to see the evidence of my life and know that I did the best I could to make this
life better for others. We've got one life, live it well and live for others. What makes your heart beat?



4 comments:

  1. Helping others makes my heart beat.

    What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. (Albert Pine)

    http://stanleybronstein.com/law-53-position-yourself-to-be-immortal/

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I've recently decided to stop using this blogger account and only to use my tumblr, I will probably use this just to reply to blogs I love. (This is @jenandseek/polaroidsatsunset.)

    Anyway.

    You're so fantastic and I'm so happy to bump into you in this webspace of a world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen! You're so cute. Thanks :) I'm glad we can change the world together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As soon as I can get my butt down to San Diego, we need to hang out. We can make plans to paint the world with our positive brushes.

    ReplyDelete