Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Possibilities of Joy

There is an overwhelming joy inside of me that is unexplainable. I've been realizing lately how blessed I am. This feeling is a reminder of the transformation that has taken place in me, forgetting the past pains and moving onto bigger adventures.

On Tuesday I stood outside of our friend's house overlooking the Bay. We grilled hamburgers, ate Ruffles dipped in ranch and devoured homemade cookies and Oreos. As I looked around at all the new friends I had made since moving to San Diego I understood one thing. This was happiness.

I've come so far from and have seen and experienced so much. I was told this week that I "have a vibrant attitude towards life and it's contagious." Had this person been in my life only two years ago, I am confident her comment would not have existed. It's because of this that I began thinking about my short time in San Diego and how it has given me a new hope and appreciate
for life.

I am truly blessed and not in a wealth sense. I have less money than I did a year ago and am struggling to pay bills monthly. But living, truly living, is much more than having money to spend on lattes, cocktails and new clothes. Give me my $3 t-shirts and $1 dresses from Amvets thrift-store any day!


The main difference in my life has been my dedication to following my dre
ams. Doing what I could to work with women who have been trafficked has radically changed my outlook on our world. Each day is a new day full of possibilities and arguing over the small things is hardly worth a bitter heart.


I have bad days. Of course I do. But how can I grow if I don't g
et challenged? I welcome the hard stuff, bring it on, I've fought through a lot and have made it out joyful.


There is a joy inside of me that will not be wasted on worrying about the future. Here I am, living only for today. Full of happiness.




No comments:

Post a Comment